Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't authorize my computer error -50 and error 0x80090302

hi, i was able to sign to my account after i ugraded itunes then reverted back to the older version iam alsways using it gave me this message and i can't sign in again even if i upgrade it give connection not trusted or something like that or sometimes gives itunes you don't have enough access privilege for this operation

these are the most frequent messages

can a senior or supervisor confirms the cause of problem ? did apple ditch older version of itunes or it is related to network or hos files i need a solution please

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 6:36 PM

sinfulslaveou wrote:

when did u get your message ? and is it error 50 ?

I get the same two errors as you when I try to sign in to the store. If the aim of your question is to establish the date when Apple implemented changes, another poster noticed the issue on the morning of October 17 (which was before I became aware of the issue): https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250755199.

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2019 6:36 PM in response to sinfulslaveou

sinfulslaveou wrote:

when did u get your message ? and is it error 50 ?

I get the same two errors as you when I try to sign in to the store. If the aim of your question is to establish the date when Apple implemented changes, another poster noticed the issue on the morning of October 17 (which was before I became aware of the issue): https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250755199.

Oct 21, 2019 9:11 AM in response to sinfulslaveou

What is the exact build you've installed? How did you go about rolling back?

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment. Links to the most recent builds are now at the bottom of the page.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Oct 26, 2019 11:41 AM in response to Johnny DEP

Johnny DEP wrote:

...If the aim of your question is to establish the date when Apple implemented changes, another poster noticed the issue on the morning of October 17...

Another post on October 17 stated that this issue was "discovered 2 days ago" (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250755548), so Doomsday may have been October 15 or earlier. I have searched 2 weeks back in time without finding any older posts.

Nov 8, 2019 7:20 AM in response to tharindu224

tharindu224 wrote:

we could not complete your itunes store request. an unknown error occurred (50) there was an error in the itunes store. please try again later. sign in

Updating to the latest version of iTunes should solve that problem. If you wanted a version that can not only sign in but also manage apps, then iTunes 12.6.5.3 has already been designated as the solution to the original poster's question. The latest question is whether 12.6.5.3 can successfully manage apps for devices running iOS 13: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250753301. If you are running Windows XP or Vista, then there is no solution at all.

Oct 23, 2019 3:52 PM in response to turingtest2

i alwyas used 12 6 2 or 12 6 3 i installed latest version and then removed it i did that step about 2 month ago and everything worked just fine there was a problem called duplicate file and i solved it now the problem i did what i did last time and this is the problem and btw i tried 12 6 3 on 7 and 8.1 and the same problem or the same message above exist there is something wrong with apple servers but if i upgrade it works just fine

Nov 16, 2019 7:27 AM in response to edmund132

edmund132 wrote:

I cant connect to itunes store with same error error -50 and error 0x80090302

Those errors indicate that you are trying to use an old version of iTunes that is no longer supported by the store. The simplest solution is to update to the latest version of iTunes. If you specifically want an old version that can manage apps, then read the post marked as "Solved" above. However if you are running Windows XP or Vista, then you need a new PC.

can't authorize my computer error -50 and error 0x80090302

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.