Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

0x80090302

I am running iTunes for Windows through Parallels with 32-bit Windows 7 (Mac is up to date with Mojave). It has been running perfectly since its installation until this morning. It says that it cannot connect to the iTunes Store and gives the error code 0x80090302. Is it possible that Apple has quietly ceased iTunes support for Windows 7 as it did some time ago for Windows XP?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 6:41 PM

Hello Gracej2. Sorry your post was unanswered for so long. I have this issue also, and decided to search for older threads about it, and obviously found your post. I certainly do not think Apple has ceased iTunes support for Windows 7, but I do think changes at the iTunes Store have broken compatibility with older versions of iTunes for Windows. It might be helpful to know what version you are using. Meanwhile, there are other threads about this issue, such as https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250770211.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2019 6:41 PM in response to Gracej2

Hello Gracej2. Sorry your post was unanswered for so long. I have this issue also, and decided to search for older threads about it, and obviously found your post. I certainly do not think Apple has ceased iTunes support for Windows 7, but I do think changes at the iTunes Store have broken compatibility with older versions of iTunes for Windows. It might be helpful to know what version you are using. Meanwhile, there are other threads about this issue, such as https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250770211.

Nov 7, 2019 2:59 PM in response to Gracej2

Itunes was not working correctly, and would not accept update. Consequently I have uninstalled iTunes, Apple software update, Apple mobile device, Bonjour and Apple application support 32-bit & 64-bit. I have downloaded iTunes64Setup on Windows 7 and have received an unknown error (0x80090302) with the advice to try again later! I have done this twice with the same result. I need advice on how to restore iTunes.

Nov 12, 2019 10:28 AM in response to Gracej2

I am running iTunes for Windows through Parallels with 64-bit Windows 10. It has been running perfectly since its installation until this morning. It says that it cannot connect to the iTunes Store and gives the error code 0x80090302. Is it possible that Apple has quietly ceased iTunes support for Windows 7 as it did some time ago for Windows XP?

0x80090302

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.