Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV App - play own videos

Hello Apple-members,

I have a few videos (each bigger than 1 GB) which are on my Mac. I imported them with the Apple TV App - for better Organisation I gave them the media type „TV-Show“.

So, on my Mac everything is cool. I can watch the videos.

But:

I also want them on my iPad Pro (iPad OS 13.1.3). The Apple TV App on my iPad only shows iTunes Shows and Movies, which I bought.

Yes, I cloud save the videos on my Photo-Library, but if there is a way to watch them via the Apple TV App, this would be great.

Also I have an Apple TV 4K - watching the videos on the big screen would be even better!

What is the best way to watch own videos on all my devices?

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks and greeting!

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 12:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 6:45 AM

For watching this content when you are not at home, you should transfer these media files to your iPad (for offline use), or to the cloud (iCloud Photo Library).

With the iPad connected to a Mac with macOS Catalina, find your iPad in the sidebar of a Finder window. Click the TV shows tab. Select the show(s) you want synced, then Sync.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2019 6:45 AM in response to Spidey1010

For watching this content when you are not at home, you should transfer these media files to your iPad (for offline use), or to the cloud (iCloud Photo Library).

With the iPad connected to a Mac with macOS Catalina, find your iPad in the sidebar of a Finder window. Click the TV shows tab. Select the show(s) you want synced, then Sync.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

Apple TV App - play own videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.