Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mint mobile has locked my phone to T mobile

I paid cash for an unlocked iPhone 11 at Best Buy... I was using Mint Mobile at the time. I’m switching to AT&T now and have come to find out the Mint SIM card locked my unlocked phone to T Mobile... the carrier Mint piggy backs on. Now I can’t unlock my phone to move forward with AT&T... Mint has cancelled my account and claim they can’t do anything about my phone because ‘they don’t lock phones’. I went to T Mobile and they agree the phone is locked in their system but can’t unlock it due to me never having had a T Mobile account ever. I spoke to a manager and they are supposedly looking into this and will call me back.... could take 3-5 days... HELP!

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 8:54 AM

Best Buy does not sell unlocked iPhone. What they sell is an iPhone that locks to the first carrier it gets connected with. Return it as sold to you fraudulently for a refund.

If you need an unlock iPhone then buy it at the only place that sells them, the Apple Store.

1 reply

Mint mobile has locked my phone to T mobile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.