Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Logic X 10.4.7 issues making it unusable

Hi,

Within the last two weeks Logic X (v 10.4.7) has become unusable on my mid 2012 MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14.6. I have rebooted my laptop several times and uninstalled/installed logic from my computer twice with no change.

Here are the issues I'm running into:

1) No plugins are visible: I am unable to add any of logic's internal plugins or 3rd party plugins to the audio fx section of a track.

2) No audio will playback: I have tried using both my Apogee Duet (v 0.3.5) and the core audio and neither will work. Both the apogee and the core audio work for playback with other applications like iTunes and Machine 2.

3) I am unable to create any new tracks other than midi in logic: When I try to create a new audio track I get an error message stating that I have maxed out the number of available tracks at 1000 and need to delete some before I can add any others. There are definitely not 1000 tracks in any of the projects I have tested with.

4) I am unable to bounce a track.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to resolve? At this point logic is unusable for me.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 1:31 PM

Hi,

You may get this error message when there is a Core Audio problem in Logic.

Try the following:

Menu > Logic Pro X > Audio

Is Core Audio is activated?

If not click the check box on the left then Apply Changes.

If activated Uncheck - Apply Changes - Check - Apply Changes.

Hope that helps,

WD

Similar questions

2 replies

Multiple Logic X 10.4.7 issues making it unusable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.