Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.1.3 and App store access & Eurosport Player error

I've updated my XR to iOS 13.1.3.

When I open the Apps store and click on my icon to update the Apps, I just get a never ending loading wheel and nothing else. I never get to see what Apps need updating.

Also I subscribe to Eurosport Player through my Apple ID. The Apple ID shows that I have a continuing monthly subscription yet the App will not allow me to 'restore' my subscription.

I also now have a problem with the Eurosport App on my iPad where I get a Error message when I open the App.

Because I subscribe via the Apple ID, Eurosport do not recognise my normal email address.

Anyone got a solution ?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 1:55 AM

Good news, problem solved. Great help from Simon at Apple shop at Solihull, UK who did a step by step forensic assessment including a diagnostic check on my phone (all ok), loaded my Apple ID account and SIM card onto a different phone. It turns out that the issue was being caused by the Eurosport Player App which for some reason was barring my access to the App Store. After a very frustrating and time consuming week, I can now get back to a normal life. Thanks for your assistance.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2019 1:55 AM in response to Eric Root

Good news, problem solved. Great help from Simon at Apple shop at Solihull, UK who did a step by step forensic assessment including a diagnostic check on my phone (all ok), loaded my Apple ID account and SIM card onto a different phone. It turns out that the issue was being caused by the Eurosport Player App which for some reason was barring my access to the App Store. After a very frustrating and time consuming week, I can now get back to a normal life. Thanks for your assistance.

Oct 25, 2019 9:17 AM in response to BiffoBails

Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device

If necessary

Hard reset

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

Oct 31, 2019 5:13 AM in response to Eric Root

On Tuesday I spent 3 hours in the Apple Shop trying to solve the issue. Then had a help-line call yesterday where they went through several attempted fixes, e.g. unloading and reloading my Apple ID. Hard reset etc. Nothing worked so we went for the nuclear option of factory reset. Phone was connected to my iTunes and the software was reloaded. Attempted to restore my backup from iTunes but after 4 hours my Mac said there was still 7 hours remaining! Decided at that point to have a chat with Apple. Was advised to disconnect from iTunes and restore from iCloud. This 'seemed' to work and most original Apple Apps loaded. But none of my other Apps loaded, all shown as 'waiting'. I left the phone on all night in the hope that they would reload, but this morning the situation was the same. In desperation I switched the phone off and back on again. Hey Presto the Apps started loading. So I'm back to where I was two days ago - I can only load Apps if I turn off the phone and restart it.

Having gone through the Genius Bar and two Junior and two Senior Apple Advisors, including your own advice, with all suggested fixes being tried, nothing has resolved the problem.

Where do I go from here? A replacement phone?

iOS 13.1.3 and App store access & Eurosport Player error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.