Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV signing in issue in fire tv stick

Can’t sign in to Apple TV in fire tv stick. The screen just stuck at signing in screen. If I try to sign in using mobile device, it is showing “verification failed” error message. I am using fire tv stick 2nd Gen, india.

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 7:25 PM

After multiple steps this is what eventually worked for me.

1. factory reset the fire stick
  2. before installing any apps, go check for fire stick software updates.
  3. once it restarts go check again... For me there was a second update that had to finish downloading while I waited on the checking for update section.
  4. Fire Stick will reboot on its own after the update.
  5. do a restart of the Fire Stick AGAIN anyway. (Still haven’t installed any apps yet).
  6. now go install the AppleTV app and proceed as you were before.

after doing all this I was able to sign in with no issues and start playing the AppleTV+ shows.

This was a culmination of about an hour or so of trying different things. These are the steps that finally worked for me.

best of luck!!

22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2019 7:25 PM in response to Srinu7

After multiple steps this is what eventually worked for me.

3. once it restarts go check again... For me there was a second update that had to finish downloading while I waited on the checking for update section.
  5. do a restart of the Fire Stick AGAIN anyway. (Still haven’t installed any apps yet).

after doing all this I was able to sign in with no issues and start playing the AppleTV+ shows.

This was a culmination of about an hour or so of trying different things. These are the steps that finally worked for me.

best of luck!!

Nov 13, 2019 9:45 AM in response to shanmukha33

@shanmukha33,

I had the exact same issue you reported... This is what eventually worked for me. (Pay close attention to step 3 - You need to check for updates twice, after doing the reset and before installing ANY apps).

Oct 28, 2019 4:00 PM in response to Srinu7

Hi Srinu7,

Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities.

If your Fire TV device is updated to its latest software version and you still see "Verification Failed" when trying to sign in to the Apple TV app, please contact Fire TV support for further assistance: http://www.amazon.com/firetv/contactus

You can find the latest software version for your Fire TV on Amazon.com Help: Fire TV Device and Accessory Software Updates.

Cheers.

Nov 10, 2019 11:38 AM in response to Srinu7

Here is the solution

What you need to do is exit the TV app, open the Settings app, select Device -> About -> Software Version and then press the Check for System Update button. What you will probably find is there is a new update available; seemingly the Fire TV is very slow at notifying users about the need to update the operating system.

When the update is found, the Fire TV Stick will start downloading the newest OS firmware automatically. Once the download is complete, press “Install System Update” to update.

After updating to the latest OS version, you can then go back to the Apple TV app and sign in again. The login process should now complete successfully.

Try signing from the settings option, not from the library option

Apple TV signing in issue in fire tv stick

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.