Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Mail's Preferences

I can't see Mail's preferences. I see an empty windondow an I can't see Rules, general, sign and other. Can you help me? Thank's

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 10:24 AM

Scriptoriumgrafica wrote:

I can't see Mail's preferences. I see an empty windondow an I can't see Rules, general, sign and other. Can you help me? Thank's

Quit mail.

Finder>Go>Go to Folder, copy & Paste:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail

Highlight all the contents in this folder

Then right-click and choose "New Folder with Selection”. Do not move the new folder from this current location.

You can close the Finder window.

The next step will be to restart the Mac and test

After the computer is restarted, open the Mail Preferences to see if it opens properly showing your missing options.

Use Mail on your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2019 10:24 AM in response to Scriptoriumgrafica

Scriptoriumgrafica wrote:

Quit mail.

Finder>Go>Go to Folder, copy & Paste:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail

Highlight all the contents in this folder

Then right-click and choose "New Folder with Selection”. Do not move the new folder from this current location.

You can close the Finder window.

The next step will be to restart the Mac and test

After the computer is restarted, open the Mail Preferences to see if it opens properly showing your missing options.

Use Mail on your Mac - Apple Support

Problem with Mail's Preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.