Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating to iOS 13.2 Breaks the Music App for me

I updated to iOS 13.2 today (10/28/2019) after which I am no longer able to stream music or access my personal library stored in iTunes Match. My entire Match Library is gone (on my MBP) and when I attempt to stream from Apple Music from any of my devices it either hangs infinitely, doesn't respond at all or it produces a screen on iOS that reads "You are already a member of Apple Music". I'm noticing that music is extremely slow as well in loading any content.

This appears to be happening across all of my devices which include a 2019 MBP with Touch Bar, iPhone 11 Pro Max that is approximately a week old, Gen 4 Apple TV and an Apple TV 4K. My iTunes Match library has only disappeared from my MacBook Pro after logging out and back in to my Music account. I'm still seeing it on iOS however I am unable to play anything from it as it is all stored in the cloud.

In an attempt to troubleshoot the issues I have updated my Apple TV's to the lasted version of tvOS and restarted them, restarted my MBP and iPhone and as a last attempt logged out of my Music account and logged back in on my MBP which made my Match library disappear.

The good news: I do have a back up of iTunes from before the update to Catalina and an Old Mac Mini which is preserved back to macOS 13/iTunes 12 and when logging into the Apple Music web portal (beta) all my content is still there. *Whew*

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 1:14 PM

There is an issue at Apple’s end.

Apple - Support - System Status

Similar questions

7 replies

Oct 30, 2019 12:13 PM in response to Wil Limoges

I had the same issue, chatted with the apple people 3 times, they gave me answers but nothing fixed the issue so i had to reset the cellphone twice and finally it reproduced the songs but the app is not working good since then, i can’t see the songs displays, sometimes the lyrics doesn’t show im thinking seriously to move to spotify if they dont fix this soon

Nov 4, 2019 8:39 PM in response to Wil Limoges

I have the same problem but on an iPhone 7.

Updated from 13.1.2 to 13.1.3 and Music app was completely unresponsive. Huge battery drain of a per cent per minute. Phone getting hot and Music app crashing. Went back to 13.1.2 and I had no problems. Silly me not turning auto-update off. Phone went to 13.2 last night and Music app is once again unusable. I hope 13.1.2 is still digitally signed as I'll be doing back tonight if able to.

Updating to iOS 13.2 Breaks the Music App for me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.