Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gen 3 iPad upgrade to 9.3.6?

Can I update my Gen 3 iPad beyond 9.3.5 now that a fix is out for the GPS issue? When I attempt to do so through iTunes, it says I have the latest version at 9.3.5 (also what it says in settings). I am concerned that I will not be able to connect to the Internet (using WiFi) beyond November 3, 2019.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 8:49 PM

Hello,

The November deadline only affects cellular devices. What is occurring is that the cellular model uses a certificate which expires on that day which would no longer allow those devices to connect to a cellular network which means they would no longer connect to the internet. Wi-Fi iPad models use a different cellular model that is unaffected.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2019 8:49 PM in response to OurWebmaster

Hello,

The November deadline only affects cellular devices. What is occurring is that the cellular model uses a certificate which expires on that day which would no longer allow those devices to connect to a cellular network which means they would no longer connect to the internet. Wi-Fi iPad models use a different cellular model that is unaffected.

Gen 3 iPad upgrade to 9.3.6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.