Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If iOS 13.2 was pulled for HomePod why is it still showing up in Home updates?

So, I'm seeing reports from various blogs that Apple silently pulled the iOS 13.2 for HomePod. I understand it is due to problems bricking HomePod devices. I posted one of the first questions to the Apple community forums about the HomePod update issues (downloading forever, etc). Thankfully, none of my HomePods were updated. I promptly turned of auto update.

However, now when I open the Home app on any of my devices, it still shows that there is an update for my HomePods. Does anyone know how to reset the software update status? If Apple did pull the update, then it should not show up anymore, right?

HomePod, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 4:48 PM

I called Apple, they said it’s still there because I started it and stopped it.

They confirmed its officially been pulled and might be a couple of days for the patched one to release.

iI’d advise holding off on installing it, , turn off automatic updates. Let’s see how round 2 goes!

2 replies

Oct 29, 2019 3:43 PM in response to Stuart Levine

It's stored and will not reset without removing the HomePod from the app because at the time when it checked the update was available. However, the update will fail if you were to initiate it because the software will not download. You'd have to remove the HomePod from the Home App, reboot the phone, and then add it back. Wait, isn't all of this **** Apple's job since they were supposed to make a public statement about releasing software which bricked the HomePod and offer guidance to customers about what to do, etc. Oh yeah...still waiting on that to happen. It must be extremely difficult for a staff of hundreds or thousands to manage this sort of debacle and follow a proper contingency plan of minimizing customer casualties in order to provide a sense of relief to those who aren't affected by this problem. Reassurance to their customer base who've not been affected should have been a priority, as well. But don't worry Joe, Apple's got superb managers. Superrrrbbb.

If iOS 13.2 was pulled for HomePod why is it still showing up in Home updates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.