Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ford SYNC & Iphone 11 Connection Issue

My car is Ford Focus SE 2014. and my new Iphone 11 looks like connected to SYNC via bluetooth - but I try to play songs on Spotify but doesn't work. Can you help me? Thanks

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 6:42 AM

Same problem with my 2013 Fusion, after 2 days trying to pair unsuccessfully and no luck with apple tech assistance I was ready to take my iphone 11 back for an android. Gave it one more try after I got an idea from the Ford owner's thread and tried full reboot (NOT factory reset-that didn't help) on Sync with the car running in Park...iphone 11 paired the first time. Phone works, Pandora works. Shut off car, started again 15 minutes later and phone linked up right away.

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2020 6:42 AM in response to Jayar59

Same problem with my 2013 Fusion, after 2 days trying to pair unsuccessfully and no luck with apple tech assistance I was ready to take my iphone 11 back for an android. Gave it one more try after I got an idea from the Ford owner's thread and tried full reboot (NOT factory reset-that didn't help) on Sync with the car running in Park...iphone 11 paired the first time. Phone works, Pandora works. Shut off car, started again 15 minutes later and phone linked up right away.

Nov 4, 2019 6:07 PM in response to GOzcan

Hi GOzcan,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are having an issue using your iPhone 11 in your car via Bluetooth. I am happy to help.

I would like to have you complete the steps found in this support, which help address issues with your iPhone not working in your car: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod doesn't connect to or work in your car - Apple Support.

If the issue remains, please reply back with your responses to the below questions:

-Is Spotify the only service you are having an issue with inside your car? If so, what exactly happens when you attempt to play music?

-Are you able to play content using the Music app, and make and receive calls without an issue when connected to your car?

-Share any errors you may be receiving, please.

Thank you for your time.

Dec 18, 2019 5:51 AM in response to chuck_3rd

I am having this exact problem in my 2014 F-150. When I had an iPhone 8, everything worked perfectly with SYNC via Bluetooth—phone, Spotify, Pandora. A couple of weeks ago I upgraded to an iPhone 11 and now this is what happens (I am presuming that I should be able to start my truck and drive away with a connected iPhone that is playing music through SYNC—that’s what my iPhone 8 did):

—Rarely it works as I just described

—Sometimes the phone won’t connect to Bluetooth at all, though I can usually manage it by pushing my truck’s “Phone” button several times.

—Usually the phone connects (the Bluetooth symbol appears on the SYNC screen) and I can make phone calls, but when I hit the Bluetooth button in my truck to connect the music I get a message “No Bluetooth Device Found”

—As of yesterday afternoon and night, I have not been able to play Spotify or Pandora because I get the “no Bluetooth device” message even though my phone is connected and works fine to make phone calls.

I would appreciate your assistance with this.

Jun 27, 2020 1:24 PM in response to GOzcan

Hi I’ve got a transit custom 2019 on sync 3 I’ve just upgraded iPhone XS which had no issues to iPhone 11 Pro it will link Bluetooth no probs and charge but won’t sync maps or Spotify I’ve done master reset on van I’ve done reset on phone I’ve changed phones name numerous different apple approved lead’s both USB ports in the van no joy can anyone help please

Ford SYNC & Iphone 11 Connection Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.