You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing issues on Mac mini

I have been having issues printing for months. I had an iMac that had this same issue. I recently replaced it with a Mac mini. I have a HP Laserjet Pro M426fdwblack and white printer that from the beginning has had issues. I have it set up on my LAN. I set the printer up as an IP printer in printer settings. Everything seems fine until I go to print. I print the document and then nothing happens. For a very long time. Minuets and sometimes up to half an hour later I go back in and it has printed. But that doesn't really work for me - if I need to print something I usually need it right then. And in this day and age I should be able to send something to print and actually have it print. I thought it was the printer so I bought a new one. It's a Canon MX920 color printer and I spent way more than I would have normally because I wanted a quality color printer. But now the same thing is happening. Which tells me that the issue is probably either with the computer or the network. I have also set the printer up based on it showing up on the printer settings (default) without having to enter the IP address. Still same issue.

Using the latest version 10.14.6

I really just want to be able to print something without all the hassle.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 6:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 9:21 AM

First things first, your mini needs to be on Catalina latest. So go ahead and update.

Is the printer connected through WiFi? Does it have the latest drivers?

Similar questions

5 replies

Printing issues on Mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.