Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone recognized but does not sync.

I connect my iPhone XR to my iMac, it recognizes the device but the Music Library does not load, all I get is a spinning wheel and that goes for Finder.

If I remember correctly Music/iPhone worked fine after I upgraded to Catalina but not since the last update.

Could anyone help

Cheers Mike

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

Catalina 10.15

Music Version 1.0.0.426

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 1:01 PM

Hello allensfarm,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that your iPhone XR is recognized by your iMac but you see a spinning wheel instead of music syncing. I’m happy to help.

Please use the steps here to restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Please restart your iMac. Once both devices have fully restarted, are you able to sync music? If not, please use the steps here to upgrade your macOS version: How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

If you haven’t done so, please back up and update your iPhone to the latest iOS version sign the steps here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2019 1:01 PM in response to allensfarm

Hello allensfarm,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that your iPhone XR is recognized by your iMac but you see a spinning wheel instead of music syncing. I’m happy to help.

Please use the steps here to restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Please restart your iMac. Once both devices have fully restarted, are you able to sync music? If not, please use the steps here to upgrade your macOS version: How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

If you haven’t done so, please back up and update your iPhone to the latest iOS version sign the steps here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

iPhone recognized but does not sync.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.