Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not being recognized in Music?

my iPhone does not show up as a device in Music, wtf?

Mac Pro

Music: Version 1.0.1.37

macOS Catalina: Version 10.15.1 (19888)

iPhone 6s: iOS 13.1.3

I recently upgraded to Catalina. I then tried to backup my iPhone. My iPhone does not show up as a device in Music. I use my Mac Pro to backup my iPhone (contacts, photos, etc.). This backup capability was working under Mojave and iTunes. The upgrade to Catalina and Music has rendered the backup function (syncing) useless. My iPhone is being recognized by macOS as I can see it in the 'System Information' display but it does not show up on my desktop as a selectable device unlike my old iPod (which still works with Music, btw)

Mac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 9:28 PM

wow, I think that I just figured it out. Go to Finder and in Finder's left sidebar, go down to 'Locations.' Under 'Locations' you should see your device. Click 'Trust...' and boom, it should show up in your iTunes, after you enter passcode and trust on your device. Then you have the option to check for update within finder, or now in iTunes!

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2019 9:28 PM in response to barneyruble

wow, I think that I just figured it out. Go to Finder and in Finder's left sidebar, go down to 'Locations.' Under 'Locations' you should see your device. Click 'Trust...' and boom, it should show up in your iTunes, after you enter passcode and trust on your device. Then you have the option to check for update within finder, or now in iTunes!

Nov 11, 2019 9:21 PM in response to barneyruble

Same deal with me. Tried to upgrade my mother in law's phone (6SE to an XR) for her this past weekend and wanted to backup to iTunes first. Her 6se did not appear. Instead, we had to pay for iCloud storage for backup. I thought it was just her phone. But then today, I tried connecting my iPad Pro, same deal. Will not show up. My iPhone 11 Pro Max...connects.

Nothing really on the web, other than the basic restarts, usb cord checks and USB port swaps. Seems like a new issue that they have not addressed yet...Come on Apple. I am also on a brand new iMac Pro. Everything is on latest OS. 10.15.1 (19B88). iTunes Version: 1.0.1.37

Same boat barneyruble.

iPhone not being recognized in Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.