Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 13 2017 - Flexgate problems, screen failure

Having display issues on my MacBook Pro 13-inch 2017. Horizontal black lines at the bottom of my screen. Wondering why Apple has launched a screen replacement program only for the 2016 models, even though BOTH 2016 and 2017 have the same design flaw. I have been extra careful with this machine, you can not ask me to shell out more money to fix this. Flexgate problems should be resolved and replaced without any charge.

Please extend your Macbook Pro Display Backlight Service Program to 2017 models!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 2:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 12:31 AM

It just happened to my Mac last week when I opened the lid to play a song recommended by Apple Music.

I first found that the album cover didn't show normally, thinking that it was designed that way to imitate some 16-digit style... then I felt something was wrong, the colours of Catalina wallpaper distorted as though some colour channel had been closed.

Half an hour earlier, it worked just fine, so I didn't imagine that such a thing could happen on my pricy laptop.

But it did happen.

I searched for a solution but only saw desperate users signing petitions and complaining everywhere without a proper response from Apple.

Please don't make your product thinner Apple, until you can guarantee its quality and make it worth the money.

My model is MBP 13" 2017 with touchbar and four thunderbolt ports.

You've got to extend your programme to cover all the models affected.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2019 12:31 AM in response to carpedyam

It just happened to my Mac last week when I opened the lid to play a song recommended by Apple Music.

I first found that the album cover didn't show normally, thinking that it was designed that way to imitate some 16-digit style... then I felt something was wrong, the colours of Catalina wallpaper distorted as though some colour channel had been closed.

Half an hour earlier, it worked just fine, so I didn't imagine that such a thing could happen on my pricy laptop.

But it did happen.

I searched for a solution but only saw desperate users signing petitions and complaining everywhere without a proper response from Apple.

Please don't make your product thinner Apple, until you can guarantee its quality and make it worth the money.

My model is MBP 13" 2017 with touchbar and four thunderbolt ports.

You've got to extend your programme to cover all the models affected.

MacBook Pro 13 2017 - Flexgate problems, screen failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.