Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't login into Music on Mac OS Catalina

Hey!

I have clean install Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina) on my MacBook Air 2013 late 11''.

I can't login to Apple Music. Just nothing happens when i entry my credentials.

Moreover, if I click to iTunes Store, i'm seeing "connecting to iTunes Store" for some minutes then i get one of two results:

1) connection established successfully. iTunes Store work.

2) get error 11556.

If I try click "subscribe on Apple Music", I get **FUSE.Error.GenericDataError**

On Mac OS 10.14 iTunes and Apple Music perfectly worked.

MacBook

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 10:01 AM

Hi,

having exactly the same issue described above. Did a clean install after many issues with Catalina and since I can not login to Music or TV App. On iPhone and Apple TV no issues. Also know a friend who did a clean sntall of Catalina on his iMac and he experiences the same issue as well. There is definitely something wrong.

Similar questions

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2019 10:01 AM in response to Leanne_68

Hi,

having exactly the same issue described above. Did a clean install after many issues with Catalina and since I can not login to Music or TV App. On iPhone and Apple TV no issues. Also know a friend who did a clean sntall of Catalina on his iMac and he experiences the same issue as well. There is definitely something wrong.

Nov 8, 2019 12:52 PM in response to D.Tsurkov

Hi D.Tsurkov,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having trouble signing in to the Music app on your Mac and you're occasionally seeing an error when connecting to the iTunes Store. I can see why you'd reach out about this; I'd like to help. I'd recommend starting with the steps in the following resource: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books

If the behavior continues, can you let me know if you're able to sign in to the Apple TV app?

Best Regards.

Nov 15, 2019 5:27 AM in response to D.Tsurkov

You have old software modifications running on your mac, and they are not fully compatible with Catalina.

Notice the error: FUSE.Error.GenericDataError

This has to do with software for supporting other drive formats. It probably goes back a long way.

Please run Etrecheck and post its report here so we can identify this and possibly other software issues.

Use the "additional text" button:

and paste the report into the text box.

Nov 15, 2019 5:16 AM in response to D.Tsurkov

Please try to call Apple Care. They transferred me to the second level support agents. After a lot of trial and error without any success we recorded some screen videos and a lot of logs. Afterwards they sent to their engineers and they will get back to me with a fix next week.

If there are many callers with the same issue it will probably be treated more important.

Can't login into Music on Mac OS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.