Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't login into Apple Music in Mac (late2013) macOS Catalina

Hello everyone!

So I cant login into my account in Apple Music in my Mac.

Steps that I do:

1) Open Apple Music

2) In top bar i click Sign In

3) Enter my apple id and password

4) Click Sign In button

5)... and this modal window is closing and nothing happens.

What i can do with this problem?

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 4:23 AM

SOLUTION!

There are some terminal commands you can follow (see link for all details): https://appletoolbox.com/cant-sign-in-into-music-or-tv-app-on-macos-catalina-heres-why/#How_to_sign_into_the_new_Music_and_TV_apps

1. Open the Terminal app on your Mac
  2. Enter sudo -v
  3. When prompted, enter your Mac password and hit Enter
  4. Enter killall -9 accountsd com.apple.iCloudHelper hit Enter
  5. Type defaults delete MobileMeAccounts, hit Enter
  6. Type rm -rf ~/Library/Accounts, hit Enter
  7. Enter killall -9 accountsd com.apple.iCloudHelper hit Enter

You should then be prompted with a message that states “no matching processes found”. Once that message appears, reboot your Mac. This removes all of your iCloud accounts logged into the Mac along with removing them from the affected applications.

After your Mac has finished rebooting, sign into your Mac, and then head over to the following apps and sign in:

• Music
  • TV
  • Podcasts
27 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2019 4:23 AM in response to derroseify

SOLUTION!

There are some terminal commands you can follow (see link for all details): https://appletoolbox.com/cant-sign-in-into-music-or-tv-app-on-macos-catalina-heres-why/#How_to_sign_into_the_new_Music_and_TV_apps

1. Open the Terminal app on your Mac
  2. Enter sudo -v
  3. When prompted, enter your Mac password and hit Enter
  4. Enter killall -9 accountsd com.apple.iCloudHelper hit Enter
  5. Type defaults delete MobileMeAccounts, hit Enter
  6. Type rm -rf ~/Library/Accounts, hit Enter
  7. Enter killall -9 accountsd com.apple.iCloudHelper hit Enter

You should then be prompted with a message that states “no matching processes found”. Once that message appears, reboot your Mac. This removes all of your iCloud accounts logged into the Mac along with removing them from the affected applications.

After your Mac has finished rebooting, sign into your Mac, and then head over to the following apps and sign in:

• Music
  • TV
  • Podcasts

Nov 7, 2019 4:34 AM in response to gwww

Solved! Erased my HD and installed a fresh copy of Catalina. DID NOT sign in to my account though...must skip this step. Don’t enter your Apple ID and password, choose Setup Later.

After everything was installed, signed into Music, Apple TV. It worked. Once I was signed in I then entered my Apple ID and password and it’s been working ever since.

Nov 6, 2019 11:56 AM in response to derroseify

I have totally the same issue. I made a full clean install on a MacBook Pro.

• iBook, Photo sync, iCloud mail, iCloud Drive are working fine
  • Music app, Podcast app, Apple TV is not able to log in: nothing happen or returns error codes.

I will not update my iMac until this is not solved. iTunes is working fine on that.

My iOs devices also working fine.

Nov 12, 2019 1:53 AM in response to derroseify

Why doesn't apple return to us if they work on this issue? I am a user since OS X Tiger, never seen this kind of issue(s).

+ OFF:

• notes app crashed during the first syncronization after a clean install.
  • yesterday Logic Pro X was not able to use my Bluetooth headphones until a restart.
  • a few days ago I was not able to delete folders that were synced with iCloud until a restart

+ ON:

At lease a comment needed that you are working on the issues!

Nov 15, 2019 2:32 AM in response to derroseify

So I spent a couple of hours with chat support and 3 apple advisors too, and after all troubleshooting they confirmed the issue. As any others, I was able to login from a different admin user, so they offer me to create a backup of my current data by time machine, and migrate it over to the new user I created previously. As I understand, it's an only possible solution right now.

Nov 5, 2019 6:56 PM in response to derroseify

Yep, me too. Spent few hours with 2 different apple tech support reps. We did try making another administrative test user and i am able to sign into apple music in this other user account. The tech said they will escalate this to their 'engineering' department and will get back to me - the time to contact me again was agreed upon as of 30min ago - no call. Will have to call back and relate my case number again- sheesh!

Nov 6, 2019 12:04 PM in response to derroseify

Jip, installed Catalina this past weekend and regret doing that. My music and playlists from 17 years are not accessible. I've been dying without my music library this week on my Mac. Now I have to use my phone as it seems that it is the only device that actually kept my music... WTF Apple??? I regret upgrading, so far Catalina has just been a horrible experience...

Nov 6, 2019 12:12 PM in response to HanekomFA

I have been on twitter with apple support who moved my case to a senior adviser. Their latest suggestion is to plug my phone into the imac and sync it. What this will do I dont know but will try once i get home. They said they have numerous reports of this same issue and dont have a solution at this time but "keep looking for software updates" which means they have no idea.

The weird thing is this was all working prior to this past weekend. I was watching my library on my phone with no issues until the nag message went away about logging into my account.

Nov 6, 2019 8:12 PM in response to jjsparks72

so: no response back from "engineering" at apple support when they claimed they would contact me. Originally, with the two techs from apple, we went through several steps - none worked. Reinstalled Catalina over existing Catalina, signed in and out of Icloud, ran first aid on disc utility, reset PRAM, reset all folder permissions, malware and virus scan, remove programs that auto logon at boot up, de-authorizing and then re-authorizing the computer. i did put a test administrative alternate user - was able to log into apple music/tv/podcast then, but who wants to start repopulating my user files and programs into a new user? Workaround for now: go to https://bet.music.apple.com and sign into the beta web test version of apple music - able to have working apple music with my music and playlists. Classic apple business model i'm thinking. make the old stuff slowly stop working efficiently so we buy new stuff -- time will tell . . .

Nov 18, 2019 11:39 AM in response to morro33

Yes, this is what I discovered after reinstalling Catalina like 4 times... There is something wrong with the Apple ID linking to services such as Apple TV plus, Apple Music, Podcasts, etc... Just don't follow the setup steps by entering your Apple ID, do that afterwards.

I still had issues, so I installed everything as a 'fake user' then added a new user account with my correct details, gave myself Admin rights and signed into the account. First thing I did is not to sign into my Apple ID by to launch the Music App and then sign in via this option.

This is not the best experience and Apple SERIOUSLY needs to fix this process...

Can't login into Apple Music in Mac (late2013) macOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.