Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some iTunes / Match issues (access to some songs restricted / missing sync etc.)

Hello Apple community

I have recently started using iTunes in order to use Match. Unfortunately, there are some issues:

• Access to some songs restricted: On my PC (Win 10), a small amount of songs (about 4 out of 5500) can't be played because "my computer is not authorised", even though all the files in iTunes came from my computer originally (before maztching, none bought from the store). So I get prompted to enter my Apple ID. Then I do that, it loads, and then still won't let me play the song and prompts the Apple ID again. What could be causing this?
  • Improper sync with different device: Through Match, I have my iTunes library synced (not downloaded) on my work computer (current Macbook pro). However, that sync isn't very reliable: One day, some songs can't be played, as in, they're just skipped over. When I try to download these songs, I get an error "-3150" (see screenshot), for which I couldn't find anything on Google. Funnily enough, these same songs might work without a problem the next day, only to be replaced by a different set of tracks that's acting up.
  • Also, the syncing seems to have stopped a few days ago: Playlists I recently made on my home machine aren't synced to the work computer, as aren't recent meta tag changes.
  • Loss of "uploaded / matched" status: At about the same time that the sync to the work computer stopped working, I also lost all "uploaded / matched" statuses on my home PC, so these two columns are now just empty in the library (they are still there on the work computer). I think this happened after I logged out of my account and then logged back in in an attempt to solve the "restricted access" issue from above.

Of course, I have already tried the usual rebooting of the computers, re-launching iTunes and re-logging-into iTunes on both computers, to no effect.

Any tips as to how I can solve this will be appreciated.

All the best from Switzerland.

Dominik

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 7:18 AM

• Access to some songs restricted

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for recent store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support.

• Improper sync with different device

I'm not familiar with this error, but it sounds like a temporary streaming issue.

• Syncing seems to have stopped/Loss of "uploaded / matched" status

Signing out of your Apple ID may have turned off the option for Sync Library or iCloud Music Library. Check under Edit > Preferences > General tab that this is enabled. Use File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library to force a refresh.

tt2

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2019 7:18 AM in response to dominik261

• Access to some songs restricted

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for recent store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support.

• Improper sync with different device

I'm not familiar with this error, but it sounds like a temporary streaming issue.

• Syncing seems to have stopped/Loss of "uploaded / matched" status

Signing out of your Apple ID may have turned off the option for Sync Library or iCloud Music Library. Check under Edit > Preferences > General tab that this is enabled. Use File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library to force a refresh.

tt2

Nov 10, 2019 9:31 AM in response to dominik261

See Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash - Apple Community. There is a bit in there about reverting to an older version of your library database while iCloud Music Library is turned off, then turning it on, which may potentially help, however the current iCloud Music Library is intended to be the single source of truth. For playlists you could export from a backup copy of the library while offline, then import into the current library when online. In Windows I have a custom script for exporting and importing metadata that can also be used to retrieve data from old libraries but I don't have a Mac equivalent.

tt2

Nov 9, 2019 10:36 PM in response to turingtest2

Hey tt2

Thank you for your reply.

• Access restriction: I'll try that when I come across another song that shows this behavior (unfortunately I forgot which ones are affected).
  • Sync with different device: That's what I figured as well, but this issue has been around since I started using Match on my work computer. And I doubt that it's the internet connection in the office as that is a much faster one than I have at home. I'll check with internal IT if they can help me with this, but will still appreciate if anyone has any tips on this :-)
  • Matched status: Ah, there they are again, that did it.

Nov 10, 2019 9:09 AM in response to turingtest2

Hmm, it would seem I have a different problem now: During the time the box for synching wasn't checked on my home PC, I kept working on my library on that computer, adding songs to playlists, editing metatags etc. However, it seems that because these changes weren't synced, iTunes has taken the (older) status of these playlists etc. that was on my work macbook as the "source of truth" and has reset them to that status on my home machine as well, eradicating hours of work in the process.

Is it possible to revert the iTunes library to an earlier point in time, like a backup?

Also, is it possible to set the library on one computer as the single source of truth to keep this from happening in the future?

Some iTunes / Match issues (access to some songs restricted / missing sync etc.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.