Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Built in camera not working on Skype/Microsoft teams, but works in FaceTime

Hi, I have problems with build in camera on my MacbookPro.

Just want to notify that everything worked few days ago without problems, but now problem occurs, and I didn't updated anything.

My camera is working in PhotoBooth and FaceTime, but on Skype and Microsoft teams it shows me that I dont have camera at all.

Everything in Security&Privacy>Camera is enabled for camera.

I tried also to restart/turn off and on computer again, to uninstall Skype and install it again, but nothing helped. Also, I tried to kill processes in Activity monitor and tried also to run from terminal:

sudo killall VDCAssistant

sudo killall AppleCameraAssistant

Nothing of this didn't help.

I have:  

System Version: macOS 10.14.6 (18G95)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 9:37 AM

Hi pinky_fef,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like the camera works in Apple apps, but does not work in Skype. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

1. "On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
  2. Select Camera.
  3. Select the checkbox next to an app to allow it to access your camera.
  4. Deselect the checkbox to turn off access for that app.
  5. If you turn off access for an app, you’re asked to turn it on again the next time that app tries to use your camera."

Control access to your camera on Mac

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Cheers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2019 9:37 AM in response to pinky_fef

Hi pinky_fef,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like the camera works in Apple apps, but does not work in Skype. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

1. "On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
  2. Select Camera.
  3. Select the checkbox next to an app to allow it to access your camera.
  4. Deselect the checkbox to turn off access for that app.
  5. If you turn off access for an app, you’re asked to turn it on again the next time that app tries to use your camera."

Control access to your camera on Mac

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Cheers.

Built in camera not working on Skype/Microsoft teams, but works in FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.