Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resound Hearing Aid problem with iphone

Has anyone downloaded 13.2.2 who had/has a bluetooth problem with 13.1.3 ? Does problem still exist?

Honestly I am afraid to download 13.2.2 fearing a worse problem then I now have.

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 7:21 PM

Similar questions

29 replies

Nov 8, 2019 5:41 PM in response to rharmetz21w

Yes, I was having difficulty using Oticon Opn hearing aids with 13.1.3, and upgraded to 13.2.1, and then 13.2.2

I'm now having worse problems. When I un-pair the hearing aids and then try to pair them again, they are found, and connect for about 3 seconds. Then they are disconnected, and the iPhone Mifi hearing devices screen goes back to "searching" and never finds them again, until I open the battery compartments, turn off Bluetooth on the phone, turn Bluetooth back on, and close the battery compartments. The iPhone then finds both hearing aid, connects for about 3 seconds, and then disconnects, and goes back to "searching".

The problems started with 13.0, but since at the same time, I installed a new Oticon phone app and upgraded from an iPhone 7 to an iPhone 11, I wasn't sure whether it was the iOS, or something else. Now I'm pretty convinced it is the iOS.

Nov 8, 2019 8:54 AM in response to rharmetz21w

Your post says you have iPhone 4s with iOS9. Is that accurate? I didn't think that was still supported.

I had many problems with the 13.1 updates, including total loss of connectivity to the Resound app. That particular issue has to be fixed by the Resound techs, not Apple, and as of 13.2.2 it is not fixed. (I just installed 13.2.2.) Who knows when they'll be able to get it working again ... but there is a workaround. Open your Resound app and click More, turn on Demo Mode, and your aids will connect. Turn off Demo Mode to adjust your settings. You need to do this each time you open the app but at least it's quick and easy.

I've had other issues, starting with 13.1, including random switching of sound from one hearing aid to the other during calls, and notifications/alerts sound issues. But updating to 13.2 seems to have fixed most bluetooth issues. Too early to tell yet with 13.2.2.

Nov 8, 2019 10:36 AM in response to A-circle

Can you explain how you got the Resound app to connect to your iPhone? Do you have Resound Smart 3D app or a different one?

I'm on iPhone 7, 13.2.2, and the app will not connect to the hearing aids (Resound Linx 3d). Uninstall/reinstall allows me to connect, but then you close the app and reopen it and the connection does not work. This has been happening since 13.1.

Nov 8, 2019 1:26 PM in response to mizcue

Resound 3D. I had the same problem and uninstalled the app. Reloaded it and then it worked again, with some glitches. Don't remember if I closed and restarted the Bluetooth via the control button. I have an Iphone 7 as well. For how long it will work for me is hard to tell, but it works for now. I was also fiddling around the hearing-aid menu within the control menu, but can't remember if I did change anything there. The app, version 1.5.1, you get when you reload i just 3 weeks old so it might just do the trick. I don't know much more, than what I told so far.

Nov 8, 2019 7:03 PM in response to mizcue

Even though my iphone is technically not supported I have not had any problems, except for connection to hearing aids. This same problem occurred 6-8 mo. ago and it took Apple 6 mo. to resolve it. Also this forum and many other web pages have reported hearing aid problems with 13.x.x independent of the i-phone model. Hopefully Apple's response to our needs will be quicker this time. Thanks for the Demo Mode suggestion. I will try it.

Dec 1, 2019 7:14 AM in response to rharmetz21w

iPhone XS Max with 13.2.3 - if you haven't updated yet, DON'T. My hubby has had a horrible time with his ReSound 3D app since the upgrade to iOS 13 and the .3 made it even worse and I didn't think that was possible. iOS 13 has been the worst release ever and I wish I had never updated his phone. It takes a long time for the hearing aids to connect, they constantly drop connection, or can't connect at all, and forget streaming sound - it rarely works. He has had his hearing aids for 2 years and not one problem until 13 so if Apple is blaming ReSound, they are wrong. The problem is Bluetooth and Apple's code and knowing how critical it is that hearing-impaired people be able to hear, I'm shocked and saddened that Apple isn't doing more about this. I pray that he doesn't ever need 911 because he won't be able to talk to them or hear them.

Dec 3, 2019 11:00 AM in response to mizcue

First I have smart 3D. To connect first you shut off your hearing aides (battery powered put them in charger turns them off). Now open the settings in your iPhone and go to accessibility and then to "Hearing Devices". Open it and go to Bluetooth at top. Open it and then turn on your hearing aides (remove from charger). A message should pop up asking you to pair the first one then another message to pair the second one. With both paired you can open the smart 3D app and see if it also show both sides paired. Hope this helps

Jan 22, 2020 2:59 PM in response to rharmetz21w

iPhone 7+ with iOS 13.3, love the hearing aid function, but these hearing aids SUCK as a blue tooth ear bud device. I've got 4 different blue tooth ear buds/head phones that stream music from my iPhone beautifully. The hearing aid don't. They loose contact with the stream for 1-15 seconds, come back on maybe one ear, then start streaming again for a few more minutes. This is NOT Apples fault. 2 of my bluetooth ear buds have no business connection with Apple and work perfectly. What gives ReSound??? It is a real pain when this occurs during a phone call!

Resound Hearing Aid problem with iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.