Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resound hearing aids: left aid won't connect to Bluetooth in iOS 14.2

I have used ReSound hearing aids with iPhone for years--bluetooth has always been quirky, but I know how to play with things to get it to work. About a week ago, I was at my audiologist for a repair on my left aid. At that appointment, she did a firmware update on both aids. After that, my iPhone will not connect to my left hearing aid. Have tried reboots, unpairing and repairing, etc., etc.

I have an iPhone 11 running iOS 14.2, and LINX Quattro rechargeable hearing aids.

1) Is anyone else having this problem? I have seen 2 recent posts from folks who mention issues connecting to their ReSound left hearing aids.

2) If you are not having this problem, what hardware/software are you using? Are you running iOS 14.2.1? I think that might fix this issue--but the update isn't available to those with models other than iPhone 12.

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 1:57 PM

Today I managed to resolve this issue. I went back to my audiologist and she wiped my hearing aids--returned them to factory settings, then re-loaded my programming. That seems to have solved the problem. (No, I don't know why she and I didn't think to try this 2 weeks ago.)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2020 1:57 PM in response to bopien

Today I managed to resolve this issue. I went back to my audiologist and she wiped my hearing aids--returned them to factory settings, then re-loaded my programming. That seems to have solved the problem. (No, I don't know why she and I didn't think to try this 2 weeks ago.)

Dec 5, 2020 3:27 PM in response to bopien

When a hearing aid is replaced due to fault it has to be re-paired with the other one for them to work together with the iPhone. I have had this happen twice after a ReSound aid was replaced, once because the audio forgot to do it and once because Resound returned the replacement direct to me during lockdown when the audio was closed.

This may not be what happened with you but it seems possible. In the not paired state you can connect either the left or the right to the iPhone but not both.

Resound hearing aids: left aid won't connect to Bluetooth in iOS 14.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.