Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't login into my new Apple Music App anymore.

I can't login into my new Apple Music App. I'm on a 2017 MacBook Pro 13". Everything was working just fine after I updated to Catalina version 10.15.1, but then I had some issues with my library not loading. I logged out of my iTunes account and haven't been able to log back in since. I'm not even getting an error code. Under the Account tab, I click sign in, enter my correct information, click sign in, it spins for a second, the login box goes away, and then nothing else happens. When I click the Account tab again, the option to sign in is still there as if I had never done anything. At one point I did get an error about the network failing or something. So I connected to a different internet source and still the same thing. I've shut down and restarted my computer, and double checked for software updates. I tried to simply uninstall the app so I can reinstall it, but that doesn't seem to be possible now. What am I missing? Any help is appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 2:52 PM

Hi Justin_stewart,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are unable to sign in to the Music app on your Mac. I'd like to help.

You've taken some great steps already! Are you able to sign in successfully to your Mac App Store, or does that fail as well?

Let's have you boot up into safe mode. It’s a way to start up your Mac so it performs certain checks, repairs, emptying of system cache, and prevents some software from automatically loading: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support. Once in safe mode, check to see if the same behavior continues when trying to sign in. Test Music and the App Store. Then, restart and log in as normal to see if that helps resolve the issue.

If the issue remains, I will have you test a new user account next, to isolate if this is a user-specific issue, or a system-wide issue. Here’s how: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support. Based on the results in the new user, you could continue to the section titled 'If the issue doesn't happen in the other account' or 'If the issue happens in the other account' to continue troubleshooting.

Keep me posted, if you need continued support.

Regards.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2019 2:52 PM in response to Justin_stewart

Hi Justin_stewart,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are unable to sign in to the Music app on your Mac. I'd like to help.

You've taken some great steps already! Are you able to sign in successfully to your Mac App Store, or does that fail as well?

Let's have you boot up into safe mode. It’s a way to start up your Mac so it performs certain checks, repairs, emptying of system cache, and prevents some software from automatically loading: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support. Once in safe mode, check to see if the same behavior continues when trying to sign in. Test Music and the App Store. Then, restart and log in as normal to see if that helps resolve the issue.

If the issue remains, I will have you test a new user account next, to isolate if this is a user-specific issue, or a system-wide issue. Here’s how: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support. Based on the results in the new user, you could continue to the section titled 'If the issue doesn't happen in the other account' or 'If the issue happens in the other account' to continue troubleshooting.

Keep me posted, if you need continued support.

Regards.

Nov 17, 2019 10:18 AM in response to Leanne_68

Hey,

Yes, I can sign in successfully to my Mac App Store. I did boot up in safe mode and the issue still occurred. I also created a brand new user account, and was able to at least sign in to my account on Apple Music, but my music still wasn't available. There was an error icon in the bottom left corner of the app. The error read, "Genius results can't be updated right now. The service is temporarily unavailable." I have access to my music on all my other devices (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV), but not on my computer. What other steps can I take?

I can't login into my new Apple Music App anymore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.