Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of a sudden my iOS devices will not show up in finder (Catalina)

Hi,

All of a sudden it seems that finder (Catalina 10.15.1) cannot connect to any of my iOS devices (iPad & iPhone) when I connect one of these to my iMac with a lightning-USB cable.

I do notice a strange behaviour: When I connect the cable I do notice that Finder does create a new window and for a brief moment it shows the sync-interface which should communicate with the device (iPad/iPhone) but then it immediately disappears. During that very brief moment I do notice the iOS device popping up in the Finder's sidebar "Locations" tab .... and than it disappears again. :(

I've had a quick look at the /var/log/system.log file and notice a lot of AMPDevicesAgent and AMPDeviceDiscoveryAgent errors (Invalid ECID passed .... , Couldn't generate a device key ... , failed to get ECID from MDRemoteService ...) which I think are related to this issue.

As said, this popped up recently (tried to connect the iPad to my main system and noticed that it didn't popup in Finder) ... it used to work without any problem.

Does anybody out here recognise this problem, does anybody out here know what could be wrong?

Kind regards,

J.

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 3:28 PM

Assuming your cable is good then I'm going to suggest the standard Safe Mode reboot to see if the issue occurs there. If it does and persists after you have booted back to normal mode then please elaborate on your symptoms here.

Similar questions

3 replies

All of a sudden my iOS devices will not show up in finder (Catalina)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.