Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with hardware ? Reset SMC

I am grateful to the Swedish MacMini support, today when i had some hardware issues. The pointer did not follow the Macic Trackpad 2 move(ment).

The solution was propably to reset the SMC memory by physcally remove the power supply cord at the computer side.

Difficult to find out on support pages, have never even heard about the SMC memory.

Try this at home before calling or visiting Apple Support.

/Gustengren

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 1:31 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 14, 2019 12:39 PM in response to den.thed

Your link is perfectly correct, but is not mensioned in the link for bluetooth problem with Magic Trackpad 2. And therefore not approriatate for this issue. Follow the link https://support.apple.com/sv-se/HT204621 and subitem "Rörelserna för musen eller styrplattan är inte som väntat" . (My problem is that the blutooth Tr-Rx module in the computer get some memory overload, could solve i temporary with reset SMC). Physically remove the power cord on the computer, that works for a day.

Nov 14, 2019 1:41 PM in response to UlfDah

Ah... OK now I think, that I understand.

To clear the air, we here at Apple Support Communities are just other Mac user's like yourself.

(Personally I've been using and owned nothing but Mac's since 1985)

If you are sure that it is a hardware problem, then you will need to make a service appointment for your Mac Mini and Input Devices.

Problem with hardware ? Reset SMC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.