Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sold my apple watch..

Hey There,

I sold my apple watch and only reset it, i have removed the decive from my iphone and now have logged into my icloud and completed the erase apple watch from logging into my icloud onto my laptop. I don't have the watch with me as i have already sold it. It's now in "Erase Pending mode, this apple watch will be erased when it connects to the internet."

What do i do?

Apple Watch

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 4:40 PM

5 replies

Nov 12, 2019 5:51 PM in response to emmad_1990

Unpair Apple Watch and remove Activation Lock

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap My Watch, then tap your Apple Watch at the top of the screen.
  3. Tap , then tap Unpair Apple Watch.

Your Apple Watch is erased and removed from your iCloud account, and Activation Lock is removed. For more information, see the Apple Support article About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch.

See number 3, You have already remove the Activation Lock when you Unpair the Watch.

Nov 12, 2019 4:50 PM in response to ckuan

i thought so but the buyer is telling me otherwise... i reset the watch back to factory standards before selling it and it wasn't until he picked it up, took it home that i found out i had to unpair it, i have unpaired it from my iphone to which he keeps saying the watch is blocked and they cannot unlock it using their icloud. What does the buyer need to do as it is asking for the icloud of the last owner (me)

Nov 12, 2019 5:45 PM in response to ckuan

yep i unpaired it, but when i unpaired it i didn't check if the activation lock was on since then i have logged onto my icloud account from my laptop i have gone to find my iphone and unactivated it from there. Everytime the buyer uses the watch is says that the icloud address used (which is theirs) cannot be used to unlock this apple watch. The buyer is asking my icloud details which i'm not giving out. i really need help

sold my apple watch..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.