Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synchronising photos to my iphone in finder

In finder my photos will not synchronize with my iPhone.

My music does.

Is this a bug in Catalina or?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2019 11:40 AM

Hello JM415 and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you're having some issue with syncing photos between an iPhone and the finder on a Mac running Catalina.

Were the photos originally added to the iPhone using iTunes? If that is the case, then they can't be synced back to the Mac.

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"Photos and videos that you sync from your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes can't be imported back to your computer. "

Also note that if you are using some iCloud services, certain manual syncing options will not be available.

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2019 11:40 AM in response to JM415

Hello JM415 and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you're having some issue with syncing photos between an iPhone and the finder on a Mac running Catalina.

Were the photos originally added to the iPhone using iTunes? If that is the case, then they can't be synced back to the Mac.

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"Photos and videos that you sync from your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes can't be imported back to your computer. "

Also note that if you are using some iCloud services, certain manual syncing options will not be available.

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Cheers.

Synchronising photos to my iphone in finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.