Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

As of today, I turned on my mac laptop after being away for 3 weeks. It told me to go to Google and sign in. When I did that , it asked me to change my password. I did that too. Now I cannot send or receive emails in my mac mailbox. All in outbox.

As of today, I turned my mac laptop on after 3 weeks. It told me to go to google and sign in there. I did that and it asked me to change my password. I did that too.

After that, I have been unable to receive or send emails in my apple mailbox. Everything goes to my outbox. I can use my cell phone but, I cannot use my apple laptop. It was a shared connection with my iphone in the past but, now, the mac laptop mailbox will not function. Please help.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2019 7:53 AM

In Apple Mail:

goto Mail->Preferences->select Accounts->select the gmail account->put in the new password.

then

goto Mail->Accounts-> do the same

1 reply

As of today, I turned on my mac laptop after being away for 3 weeks. It told me to go to Google and sign in. When I did that , it asked me to change my password. I did that too. Now I cannot send or receive emails in my mac mailbox. All in outbox.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.