Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi very slow on iMac running Windows 10 in BootCamp

Hi guys, been playing games on Steam on Windows 10 using Bootcamp on my 2015 iMac for a couple weeks now, but suddenly I am have huge issues with the internet in when booting windows. I have horrible lag in games that I never had before. No updates present in Apple Software Update and Apple Support says they can't help me. Please help me out, I've been troubleshooting all day and this is incredibly frustrating.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 16, 2019 2:48 PM

29 replies

Nov 17, 2019 4:27 AM in response to madydiehl

madydiehl wrote:

It says Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adaptor #2. Under Driver it says

Driver provider: Broadcom
Driver Date: 10/10/19
Driver Version: 7.77.110.0
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

This version is causing issues for many Mac owners. See WiFi Driver update as well as bluetooth d… - Apple Community as an example.

If you do not have the ability to rollback, you may be able to get the driver from Apple, using BC Assistant -> Action -> Download. Check the Bootcamp.xml and verify, before you try to install the version.

Nov 17, 2019 7:32 AM in response to madydiehl

2015 and newer Macs do not use a USB Installer. Can you verify the Mac's Model Identifier - see Identify your iMac model - Apple Support for reference?

If your model is a 2014 or older model, the Windows ISO (from Microsoft) and BC drivers are combined on a USB2 Flash drive to build a Windows installer, which will partition and install Windows on your internal disk. This USB installer should have a Bootcamp.xml file that you can check, without the need to re-download the BC drivers.

Nov 17, 2019 7:23 AM in response to madydiehl

madydiehl wrote:

Do I need to download it onto a different usb drive than I currently have Windows 10 installed on?

Are you using an external disk to run Windows from?

If it is 802.11ac do I just download it on to my original USB then?

What is the original USB used for?

Is it for

• BC drivers, or,
  • Windows installation, or,
  • Windows Installer?

Nov 17, 2019 7:52 AM in response to Loner T

It looks like the usb was renamed WINSTALL and it contains this on it (pic below). There is also another partition called BOOTCAMP on my computer that I'm assuming has everything else. Bootcamp.xml is located on the flashdrive and I've inserted what the section says below. Thanks so much for your help, I know I'm really clueless, but I appreciate it greatly.

This is my computer:

This is what it looks like:

Nov 16, 2019 7:57 PM in response to madydiehl

I'm having the same issue. Started out of nowhere on Friday. I think it's because of the latest windows update. See if you can recover a backup from a few days ago. That worked for me, except I'm an idiot and accidentally installed the update again and now I'm SOL.

Seems to me it's the update though. I called Apple and Microsoft, neither of which were any help. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Wifi very slow on iMac running Windows 10 in BootCamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.