Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: AirPods Pro weird noise on one ear

Hi, I got a pair of AirPods Pro and as soon as out of the box one ear makes a weird scratching sound in noice-canceling mode. The weird scratching noise disappears if you are in regular no-noise-canceling mode. I tried another pair and it was also ok - no weird noise. I contacted Apple and they are reviewing the issue, but definitely there is something wrong in those. I also noticed the right problematic ear was running batteries twice as fast as the left one. Anyone with similar problems? Annoying as they are brand new and were bought for the noise canceling feature in the 1st place~

Posted on Nov 17, 2019 3:19 PM

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 13, 2019 3:21 AM in response to eugelit1 In response to eugelit1

I have the same problem since the purchase! It's a shame for Apple. Unfortunately I have no Apple Store in my country to visit it so writing here. I have constant problems with the right earphone in noise canceling mode. I constantly hear some terrible ultrasound, and it seems to me that it can even damage my ear. Is there any specific solution to this problem? Or should I just put up that I bought the trash for $249+?

I recorded a video where the problem is recognizable..

https://youtu.be/fYQsaz2fXkQ

Dec 13, 2019 3:21 AM

Dec 3, 2019 8:36 PM in response to pungme In response to pungme

I do have the exact same problem is not a constant hissing noise like other have complaint, in my case is only on the left side and as you said when you press the AirPod makes that weird noise in my case other people can hear it, but when I removed the silicone tip and try doesn’t happened at all so it’s super weird

Dec 3, 2019 8:36 PM

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Nov 23, 2019 5:18 AM in response to eugelit1 In response to eugelit1

I have the same problem. Also when pushing it in the ear to tighten produce the weird noise. Only happen to my left ear. I tried it with my friend's ear but he doesn't have this problem. Maybe it's ear specific problem?

Nov 23, 2019 5:18 AM

Reply Helpful (13)

Dec 3, 2019 8:36 PM in response to pungme In response to pungme

I do have the exact same problem is not a constant hissing noise like other have complaint, in my case is only on the left side and as you said when you press the AirPod makes that weird noise in my case other people can hear it, but when I removed the silicone tip and try doesn’t happened at all so it’s super weird

Dec 3, 2019 8:36 PM

Reply Helpful (10)

Dec 13, 2019 3:21 AM in response to eugelit1 In response to eugelit1

I have the same problem since the purchase! It's a shame for Apple. Unfortunately I have no Apple Store in my country to visit it so writing here. I have constant problems with the right earphone in noise canceling mode. I constantly hear some terrible ultrasound, and it seems to me that it can even damage my ear. Is there any specific solution to this problem? Or should I just put up that I bought the trash for $249+?

I recorded a video where the problem is recognizable..

https://youtu.be/fYQsaz2fXkQ

Dec 13, 2019 3:21 AM

Reply Helpful (17)
User profile for user: eugelit1

Question: AirPods Pro weird noise on one ear