Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow attachment loading in Mail

When trying to attach a document to Mail in 10.15.1 it takes forever if it loads at all. Any thoughts?

I have had 20 Mac's, home and laboratory, since 1984. I have had more trouble since the introduction of Catalina than in all the previous time combined.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 2:56 PM

Well you can try some basics such as restarting in Safe Mode per the directions in https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262. If the problem persists, you have have other issues. I'd start by restarting the computer in the Recovery Partition (Hold doewn Command + R on startup) and then install Mac OS on the drive it's currently installed on. It is possible your install was corrupt, this type of install will fill in an damaged or missing pieces of Mac OS. If you take this step, please ensure your back up is up-to-date and working as a safety precaution.

If the problem persists after all of this, please post back for further instruction.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2019 2:56 PM in response to MailAttachmentsloadingSLOWLY

Well you can try some basics such as restarting in Safe Mode per the directions in https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262. If the problem persists, you have have other issues. I'd start by restarting the computer in the Recovery Partition (Hold doewn Command + R on startup) and then install Mac OS on the drive it's currently installed on. It is possible your install was corrupt, this type of install will fill in an damaged or missing pieces of Mac OS. If you take this step, please ensure your back up is up-to-date and working as a safety precaution.

If the problem persists after all of this, please post back for further instruction.

Slow attachment loading in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.