Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth pairing not supported for Micro Mechanic

My iPhone see's the Bluetooth device on my phone. It's a Micro Mechanic OBD2 device that plugs into the OBD2 port. When trying to pair them it says Micro Mechanic not supported. I'm going to try turning Bluetooth off then on again and turn iPhone off then on again to try and reconnect. This has an app in App Store Micro Mechanic. What can be done if it still is not supported while trying to pair with Bluetooth on phone?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 10:51 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 21, 2019 11:21 AM in response to rich65vwbus

After several tries of turning Bluetooth off and on I got it one time to read Micro Mechanic cannot connect make sure device is turned on or plugged in. The device is plugged into OBD2 Port with ignition key turned on and lights showing in dash, radio powers on and power is on to OBD2 port. This is the set up recommended with my Ross Tech VCDS plug in Scanner. The Micro Mechanic box it came in says supported by Apple and android on it. I was wanting to use a Bluetooth device compared of a "plug-in" which can be cumbersome. Open for Idea and suggestions

Bluetooth pairing not supported for Micro Mechanic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.