Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VEEPEAK OBDCheck BLE no longer supported?

I have used this Bluetooth OBD checking tool to diagnose problems with my cars. When I went to pair it with my iPhone today it said that pairing failed and that VEEPEAK was not supported. I rebooted and reinstalled the device again with the same result. This is the first time I've seen a Bluetooth device that I know has worked with iOS stop working. Has anyone seen this before or know if Apple has changed requirements for Bluetooth support?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 7:04 AM

Solved. This is a case of operator error. You do not establish a Bluetooth connection to the OBDCheck BLE using the Bluetooth Settings in iOS. The OBD App you use to diagnose your car asks permission to use Bluetooth and then connects to the dongle directly without having to pair through iOS. You may have to select which type of dongle you're using in the OBD App to ensure a proper connection.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 7:04 AM in response to timt3

Solved. This is a case of operator error. You do not establish a Bluetooth connection to the OBDCheck BLE using the Bluetooth Settings in iOS. The OBD App you use to diagnose your car asks permission to use Bluetooth and then connects to the dongle directly without having to pair through iOS. You may have to select which type of dongle you're using in the OBD App to ensure a proper connection.

Feb 2, 2022 7:59 PM in response to frazzm737

Hi,

There is no App. This is the Bluetooth connection page in Settings in iOS. The iPhone refuses to connect to the OBD dongle via Bluetooth. It used to, but it doesn’t any more with the latest OS. It says that the device is not supported. I don’t know of any way to update the firmware inside the dongle. I don’t think that’s possible.

VEEPEAK OBDCheck BLE no longer supported?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.