Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes have disappeared

Hi,

My MacBook Air had High Sierra as the OS - I had a number of issues with the OS and was eventually "forced" to have Mojave installed. All my data was restored from a Time Machine backup using Migration Assistant.

Everything looked OK, until I opened Notes and all my data was gone. To the best of my memory the notes were "On My Mac" in other words they were not on iCloud.

I have searched through various items on the Apple Community forums and cannot find how best to retrieve my Notes data?

Have tried restoring (with no success):

(a) the files in ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.notes/Data/Library/Notes/

and

(b) ~/Library/Group Containers/group.com.apple.notes

Anyone have any ideas?

Kind regards,

Antonio

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2019 11:39 AM

Hi,

Thank you <dot.com>>

Unfortunately I tried multiple snapshots (from Time Machine) of the 3 files in that folder but none of my attempts succeeded.

I then copied the a few snapshots from the entire contents of the folder called:

~/Library/Group Containers/group.com.apple.notes

and finally successfully recovered all my notes - YEAH!!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2019 11:39 AM in response to dot.com

Hi,

Thank you <dot.com>>

Unfortunately I tried multiple snapshots (from Time Machine) of the 3 files in that folder but none of my attempts succeeded.

I then copied the a few snapshots from the entire contents of the folder called:

~/Library/Group Containers/group.com.apple.notes

and finally successfully recovered all my notes - YEAH!!

Notes have disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.