Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX crash after Lut applied

Hi everbody,

I was editing a video clip on my macbook pro 2015 with Final cut pro 10.

I use a texte layer for apply all my color grading and when I apply the Lut effect from FCPX and select one of my own Lut freshly created with Photoshop. The software crash and impossible to open the project anymore... each time I try to open it it closes.

FCPX it's working with my other project where I didn't apply the Lut. I guess the problem is the Lut I don't know why exactly but I tried to reproduce the same on an older project I have and same result. The software crash and impossible to open.

I would like to get access to my project and delete this Lut but I can't because of the crash. Please someone know how to do it or had the same problem?

Many thanks in advance for your help or advice? Will be bad annoying if I have to do the whole project again :/

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Nov 22, 2019 3:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 4:39 AM

Try going to the user Library. Hold the Option key in the Finder and select Library from the Go menu. Look in /Application Support/ProApps/Custom LUTs. See if your LUT is there, and if removing it will let you open the project.

Similar questions

2 replies

FCPX crash after Lut applied

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.