Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logo wipe transition

Is there an easy way to create a wipe transition with a logo. Similar to a sports broadcast.

I think you can do it in Motion but is there a method in FCPX or template available?

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 1:48 AM

7 replies

Nov 29, 2019 6:45 PM in response to thaitime

You really have to see it in action. It was used to create that Fly-through effect (no extra added clips on the storyline) as well as the other Effect Presets available. It's basically a collection of small, very light-weight tools that can be used to build pretty much anything you want on the spot — on a whim. Saving anything made as an Effects Preset makes everything reusable like any other Motion Template. This logo wipe example only uses two different effects: Apply Media and Animate Position X. There are over 22 other parts to the bundle.

The video effects in this video were created with a few more pieces of Highlighter (and a little creative layering):

https://youtu.be/KHpa77H6Hyw

I also used it to create this effect (on the fly)

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250889474?answerId=251695606022#251695606022

(Of course I went on to make a full blown Motion template from the "concept" which took considerably more time!)

It's a lot more versatile than just making this one animation.

Nov 29, 2019 10:58 AM in response to thaitime

The simple answer is yes. With Highlighter 2 by Sight-Creations. Highlighter 2 is a set of small interactive effects you can use to build just about anything right in Final Cut. The animation below is an example.

Description:

Start with a Basic Title and delete the text.

Add Highlighter-Apply Media and put the logo image in the drop zone. Size it and in this case rotate it. If you need to fade the edges, use an Effect Mask > Shape Mask over it.

Add Highlighter - Animate Position X. Move the playhead to the first frame of the title and set the Start Value to something that takes the logo offscreen to a starting position. Set the Ramp Duration to 100%. Move the Playhead to the last frame and set the End Value to off-screen the other way. [You can optionally add a Highlighter - Animate Position Y if you need vertical displacements.]

Add another Highlighter - Apply Media and add the video you will be wiping over [first part of transition]. Set the Blend Mode to Behind. Add a Shape Mask from the Effect Mask popup. Size and feather the shape mask, then keyframe it to match the animation of the logo — basically wiping off the Apply Media drop zone content.

That's basically it. The Animate effects can be timed since clips can be any length. If necessary, set the Start and End Time % values (percent of clip length) to execute the animation when you need it.

I'm sorry — it's a commercial product, but it's the only one of its kind that I know about. The moderators may edit this whole content out.

Nov 29, 2019 8:43 PM in response to thaitime

... generally spoken, this is a Wipe transition, 'covered' by some keyframed .png graphic … so, for a one-time-use, you can mimic such an effect with FCPX' build-in tools.

For frequent use… I would recommend commercial plug-ins, such as fox', or dig in the zillion of free ones avails @internet.

5 years ago (really?!) I published a 'ball wipe', available here

http://www.fcp.co/forum/transitions/23516-ballwipe

If you're familiar with Motion, feel free to modify it to your needs (e.g. has no blurred edges as fox' elaborated tool), … a simple, custom Wipe is no rocket-science.-

logo wipe transition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.