You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warped bottom of Macbook Pro 13inch 2017 non touchbar

Hi Guys, I just wanna ask. I have a macbook pro 13 inch 2017 non touch bar. The problem is, It looks like the bottom part is kinda warped? I placed it on a flat table surface but you can spin the laptop in circles. The four cornered foot (or stopper) does not touch the surface of the table. And also my trackpad does not have any click feeling when pressed. What may be the issue with these?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 6:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 7:43 AM

Swollen battery, puffing up inside and pushing down on the bottom plate and up on the trackpad.

Once its starts to swell it will get worse. It will not stay still or go away. You need to have that battery replaced, and soon, before more damage occurs.

4 replies

Nov 30, 2019 7:53 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Oh I see.. Thank you for the detailed response Grant. The thing is, I just had this laptop for a year. The warranty expired just 4 days ago. Is this a usual issue with MACBOOK PRO 13inch 2017 non-touchbar? I just happen to see this issue earlier today. Getting it fixed may be a little costly because the 1 year warranty just expired. I had an older Macbook pro that was in 2012 and its still working well without any issues such as this newer one.

Nov 30, 2019 8:02 AM in response to rodelgc

Tell then this has obviously been happening for quite a while, but you were unable to get in to see them sooner. Be courteous and professional. Users who yell and threaten to sue every body will never be happy customers, so they get shown the door.

MAYBE they will agree it is too close to call and replace it under warranty. If they push back, the Store Manager has some additional discretion to authorize repairs in gray areas. If no joy there, call Customer Service and explain the situation to them.

If you had purchased AppleCare when it was offered to you, you would not be squirming now.

Warped bottom of Macbook Pro 13inch 2017 non touchbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.