Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imap.mail.att.net not responding

I cannot get mail on my iphone 8. Keep getting this message.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 8:00 PM

I have not had an account with att in years. My email is with sbcglobal. I am not sure why I am getting this error message.

FYI ... SBCglobal merged with AT&T back in 2005 ... so technically, you do have an AT&T email account, thus the error message. One quick way to tell is to enter your "SBCglobal" email address into the following article's link to see what IMAP & SMTP servers are used by your email account: Mail Settings Lookup - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2019 8:00 PM in response to Milberry

I have not had an account with att in years. My email is with sbcglobal. I am not sure why I am getting this error message.

FYI ... SBCglobal merged with AT&T back in 2005 ... so technically, you do have an AT&T email account, thus the error message. One quick way to tell is to enter your "SBCglobal" email address into the following article's link to see what IMAP & SMTP servers are used by your email account: Mail Settings Lookup - Apple Support

imap.mail.att.net not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.