Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fraudulent emails posed as Apple

I received a fake email from “App Store” at system-notification@msi.com telling me that I had ordered a $25 iTunes card to an email address that I didn’t recognize. It seemed legitimate but also weird, so I clicked the manage order button, it took me to a fake Apple ID login page with a blurry picture background where I entered my Apple ID just like normal. I then checked other Apple sites to see if it matched, it didn’t. Back to the verification it asked for name age and birthdate, the next page asked for social security and I started to understand that it was a fake. I went to the top menu bar and it was just a copied picture of the menu bar so it didn’t have a drop down menu when it was tapped.

At this point I checked my email again and it had moved the message to junk and said the address it took me to wasn’t trustworthy. So I went and changed my Apple ID password and added my girlfriend to my verification numbers. I figured this is all I needed to do, but is there anything else I should to to make sure my info stays safe?

I gave them my old password to my Apple ID, my name, age, birthdate, and phone number to the fake Apple login verification... doubt they would use any of it without my Social Security number. I can sent pictures of the email if that helps.

thx

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 9:27 AM

If you changed your password, that should be enough.

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. Or control - click on the email and select Forward as attachment. Make sure you send it as an attachment to a new email. If you just forward it, it will probably be rejected. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2019 9:27 AM in response to M_i_c_h_a_e_l_

If you changed your password, that should be enough.

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. Or control - click on the email and select Forward as attachment. Make sure you send it as an attachment to a new email. If you just forward it, it will probably be rejected. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

Fraudulent emails posed as Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.