Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swipe Left at a notification opens Camera

Recently, I've been having trouble with viewing notification messages on the lock screen. When I swipe left to view the contents of the notification bubble on the lock screen, it invariable ends up opening the camera. This is annoying. I do not want to open the camera by swiping left. I want to view the notification by swiping left at the notification bubble. Is it just me ?

ios version: 13.2.3

iphone7

iPhone 7

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 1:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 7:18 AM

Thanks for your reply. I guess I didn't explain the problem well.

I'm talking about swiping to the left on the notification bubble in the notification screen and not general swipe left from the notification screen.

Swiping left on the notification screen takes you to the camera and swiping right takes you to the widget screen. I am not talking about this swipe.

There is another level of swipe for each notification bubble that lets you take quick actions.

Swiping right from the bubble lets you directly open the app with the message. For example, if I have a whatsapp message notification then, swiping right will open whatsapp app with the message in it.

However, swiping left on the notification bubble provides options such as - Manage, View, CLear. It is this level of swipe that I am talking about.

Of late, I notice that swiping left on the notification bubble leads to camera launch while I actually intended to view the message on the screen and quick reply on the lock screen without leaving. I hope this explains my problem.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2019 7:18 AM in response to AKRBTN

Thanks for your reply. I guess I didn't explain the problem well.

I'm talking about swiping to the left on the notification bubble in the notification screen and not general swipe left from the notification screen.

Swiping left on the notification screen takes you to the camera and swiping right takes you to the widget screen. I am not talking about this swipe.

There is another level of swipe for each notification bubble that lets you take quick actions.

Swiping right from the bubble lets you directly open the app with the message. For example, if I have a whatsapp message notification then, swiping right will open whatsapp app with the message in it.

However, swiping left on the notification bubble provides options such as - Manage, View, CLear. It is this level of swipe that I am talking about.

Of late, I notice that swiping left on the notification bubble leads to camera launch while I actually intended to view the message on the screen and quick reply on the lock screen without leaving. I hope this explains my problem.

Swipe Left at a notification opens Camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.