Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

search.searchplus.net Safari hijacker

In my earlier post about the above referenced subject, I forgot to mention that I equally checked with some threat intelligence sites. All the three I submitted search.searchplus.net URL to returned a Clean result. Then took further steps and disputed the result specifically with Cisco Talos. Just a few minutes ago after I posted the first post, I checked my email and found a response from Cisco Talos that they performed a further reputation test and found search.searchplus.net to be a malicious site.

Please see another screenshot I took of the Profile and URL

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 1:34 PM

Try downloading this program which was written by Thomas R, a long time poster. The program will search for malware/adware. The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. It may be necessary to run more than one scan. After running the scans, restart the computer.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac      10.10 and later

Malwarebytes uninstall

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2019 1:34 PM in response to Mozzy1039

Try downloading this program which was written by Thomas R, a long time poster. The program will search for malware/adware. The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. It may be necessary to run more than one scan. After running the scans, restart the computer.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac      10.10 and later

Malwarebytes uninstall

Dec 11, 2019 10:21 AM in response to Eric Root

Hey Eric,

thank you for responding to my request. I have been seeing suggestions like that but have been skeptical of going for it for fear of introducing another problem with a perceived solution. Might you have tried it and found it working as you expected it to?

Meanwhile, I was able to get rid of search.searchplus.net browser hijacker manually and now the machine is working at least as I expect it to work.

Dec 13, 2019 6:25 AM in response to Eric Root

Eric,

I have down loaded it and it did find a few things but has not corrected the problem. Here is what I am seeing when I look at the Safari preferences. Nothing is there under the extensions tab other than Norton which I just added. Under the General tab, it shows up but I cannot click on the settings to change or remove. Under the Websites tab, it shows up in several places, and although I can change the setting (allow/deny) at which time the "remove" button will illuminate, it will not remove it when clicked.

search.searchplus.net Safari hijacker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.