Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF/Books Not Working after 13.2.3.

After upgrading both my iPhone 7Plus and my wifes to 13.2.3 I/we can no longer open PDF files stored in iCloud nor will Books open.

Books simply gives a notification it needs an internet connection.

The identical issue resides w/ my iPad Pro 13.2.3.

Anyone?

This is so frustrating and I am seeing this is an issue on numerous sites but no help that has resolved the issues and some saying move to Dropbox which is not an option.

Apple, Please Help

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 12:58 PM

Hi OT51,

Has there been any change to the issue which you've been having with the PDF files? If there has not, are you able to open the app at all following the steps provided?

If you're still unable to open the app, be sure to Contact Apple Support.

Cheers!

Similar questions

5 replies

Dec 16, 2019 5:58 AM in response to OT51

Hello OT51, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! I see that you're having an issue accessing your PDF files through Books. 

If this is correct, I'd begin by checking the settings in iCloud. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > turn on iCloud Drive > turn on Books. Next, go to Settings > Books > turn on iCloud Drive. 

If Books still does not open, verify that you have a good internet connection by going to Safari and accessing the Apple home page: Apple. If it's not working, see what happens when using another network. One way to do so is to try your Wi-Fi and cellular data networks. If Books is not opening on either network, follow the steps in this article: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

All the best. 

PDF/Books Not Working after 13.2.3.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.