Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased music missing from iTunes NOT HIDDEN

This has actually happened to me before. Music and ringtones I purchased many years ago is not only missing from my iTunes library, but is it is not showing up either as hidden or in my purchase history. I have never changed my Apple ID though I have gone through many iPhones and a couple iMacs and the purchases are old enough that I can’t find the confirmation emails. I’ve gone through blogs and support articles and followed all the suggestions to correct the issue (twice now, some purchases were restored only to have others go missing) but to no avail. I still discover missing purchases on a regular basis.

Does Apple have a way to go deeper into my purchase history than I’m able to access on my end so I can retrieve what I’ve paid for??

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 8:53 AM

You can contact iTunes - Official Apple Support to see if they can help. Your redownload rights are limited to content that continues to be available in the store. Occasionally content is removed. The same album might reappear on the store from a different publisher, but your purchase wouldn't match with that. Initially ringtones weren't redownloadable, but you may be able to restore more recent tone purchases directly on your iOS device. Management of tones in iTunes was removed in version 12.7. See Create and manage ringtones in iTunes - Apple Community for more on how to use them now, including any that could still be in your media folder.

tt2

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2019 8:53 AM in response to SatomiA

You can contact iTunes - Official Apple Support to see if they can help. Your redownload rights are limited to content that continues to be available in the store. Occasionally content is removed. The same album might reappear on the store from a different publisher, but your purchase wouldn't match with that. Initially ringtones weren't redownloadable, but you may be able to restore more recent tone purchases directly on your iOS device. Management of tones in iTunes was removed in version 12.7. See Create and manage ringtones in iTunes - Apple Community for more on how to use them now, including any that could still be in your media folder.

tt2

Purchased music missing from iTunes NOT HIDDEN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.