Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro battery drain during sleep

I've got a MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (2016), and I'm experiencing significant battery drain during sleep. I fully charge it before going to bed and when I wake up the next day the battery is depleted. However, when I turn off WiFi before putting it to sleep, the battery no longer drains. (Power nap and wake for network access are OFF, nothing suspicious in Activity Monitor). Anyone else have the same issue??

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 8:48 AM

Samy.2000 wrote:

I've got a MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (2016), and I'm experiencing significant battery drain during sleep. I fully charge it before going to bed and when I wake up the next day the battery is depleted. However, when I turn off WiFi before putting it to sleep, the battery no longer drains. (Power nap and wake for network access are OFF, nothing suspicious in Activity Monitor). Anyone else have the same issue??

Try resetting the SMC https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2019 8:48 AM in response to Samy.2000

Samy.2000 wrote:

Try resetting the SMC https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Dec 14, 2019 8:58 AM in response to Samy.2000

Samy.2000 wrote:

I've done that and it only seems to fix the issue for about a day or two.

Verify your software is up to date:

If you installed the delta 10.15.2 update via the System Preferences>software update

Try anyway downloading the Combo Updater and re-install it on top of your macOS 10.15.2— this is known to sort various issues. No harm in this reinstall.

Download macOS Catalina 10.15.2 Combo Update

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2028?locale=en_US

Dec 14, 2019 10:05 AM in response to Samy.2000

Samy.2000 wrote:
(Power nap and wake for network access are OFF...)

I've done that and it only seems to fix the issue for about a day or two.

Follow up—

Open the Energy Saver pane and verify uncheck the item Wake for network access.

Common problems now are notifications.

Quality apps are listed in the Notifications pane, however you view their settings there is no control to suppress/mute during sleep.

Ensure that your Mac doesn’t wake up by notifications is using the Do Not Disturb settings.

Your WiFi off seems a viable option as well.

MacBook Pro battery drain during sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.