Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brother MFC-J430W AirPrint

Hello,

I saw this post that was several years old here and wanted to share the solution. The MFC-J430W Brother inkjet is a great printer, lasts a looong time! Here are the steps I took to get the printer AirPrint functionality working correct.

1. USB connect your printer to your computer > go download the firmware updater tool - for windows 10 search HERE is the url
  2. update the firmware via USB cable and the firmware update tool from link above (it may not need it but you should ensure it is fully up to date)
  3. Connect your printer to wifi - I just did it via the lcd screen
  4. Via LCD screen find the IP address - menu > network > TCP/IP > network address (note the ip)
  5. Open a browser window to http : // < ip address of printer >
  6. In the web page of the printer > click on AirPrint link
  7. Enter a name/location on how you want it to show up when selecting printer via iOS device
  8. Click 'Submit' and ensure you get a green 'Submit OK' at the top > you are done!!!

Now you can go to your iphone / ipad > click the share button from content you want to print > select print > select printer > print

**as long as your iPhone/iPad is on the same wifi network as the printer - you will see the printer described how you labeled it in step 7 above. If your iPhone/iPad is not on the same wifi network as the printer - this will not work**

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 10:11 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Brother MFC-J430W AirPrint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.