Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to update my apps on my Iphone 5s but when i have to put in my password the previous owner ID appears and needs the password? The owner passed on last year and in signed in with my own ID

I want to update my apps on my Iphone 5s but when i have to put in my password the previous owner ID appears and needs the password? The owner passed on last year and in signed in with my own ID

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 2:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 8:42 AM

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2019 8:42 AM in response to Nikiwe84

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.