Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased a preoened iPhone X and create my own Apple ID however when updating apps I am being prompt to outing the password for the previous owner account how do I change the previous I’d to my own if in order to update the apps

How do I get to change the previous owner I’d in iTunes. Because when I am updating apps in the apple store it is prompting me to put in the password of the previous owner account in itunes

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 7:48 AM

You can't transfer purchases between Apple IDs. You will need to delete the apps and then download them using your Apple ID if desired. After deleting the apps, you may need to sign out of the App Store/iTunes and then back in.

1 reply

I purchased a preoened iPhone X and create my own Apple ID however when updating apps I am being prompt to outing the password for the previous owner account how do I change the previous I’d to my own if in order to update the apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.