Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphones and audio bad performance.

I recently reset all settings on my iPhone 7 due to a problem in whatsapp which doesn’t allow me to record voice messages but after I restarted my iPhone and reseted all settings it got more worse, now I can’t receive or make calls, video calls or sending voice messages plus if I record a video in my iPhone there is no voice at all and if I plug the headphones in there is no voice also but if I watch a video on YouTube the speakers work perfectly well, does anyone know what this issue is and how to solve it? please help

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 2:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 2:57 AM

iPhone

There is more than one microphone on your iPhone.

To test the primary microphone on the bottom of your iPhone, open Voice Memos and tap the record icon. Then speak into the microphone and tap the play icon to play back the recording. You should be able to hear your voice clearly.

To test the front microphone, open the Camera app and record a video using the front camera. To test the rear microphone, open the Camera app and record a video using the back camera. When you play back the video you should hear your voice clearly.

If your voice sounds faint when you’re on a phone call, make sure that your rear microphone isn’t blocked or covered.

If Siri can't hear you, make sure that the receiver and front microphone on top of your iPhone aren't covered or dirty.

If the other person is not able to listen to you then please click this--> If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't ...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2019 2:57 AM in response to Hadi754

iPhone

There is more than one microphone on your iPhone.

To test the primary microphone on the bottom of your iPhone, open Voice Memos and tap the record icon. Then speak into the microphone and tap the play icon to play back the recording. You should be able to hear your voice clearly.

To test the front microphone, open the Camera app and record a video using the front camera. To test the rear microphone, open the Camera app and record a video using the back camera. When you play back the video you should hear your voice clearly.

If your voice sounds faint when you’re on a phone call, make sure that your rear microphone isn’t blocked or covered.

If Siri can't hear you, make sure that the receiver and front microphone on top of your iPhone aren't covered or dirty.

If the other person is not able to listen to you then please click this--> If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't ...

Headphones and audio bad performance.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.