Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking for my grandson's lost iPhone. He did not set up find my iPhone. I tried Find my friends but it looks like you need to set that up ahead of time. Any suggestions?

I am looking for my grandson's lost or stolen iPhone 11. Its listed on my phone bill but he set it up under his apple ID so it is not showing up on my devices. I don't think he set up find my iPhone. I tried to find it on Find my friends but it looks like you need to set that up ahead of time. Any suggestions.

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 11:17 AM

If the setting on his iCloud account on that device to enable Find My was not enabled before it was lost, then there is no available remote tracking possible. Even find my friends requires that the devices being tracked have Find My enabled on the device itself.

2 replies

Looking for my grandson's lost iPhone. He did not set up find my iPhone. I tried Find my friends but it looks like you need to set that up ahead of time. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.