Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Organizing Mailboxes in Mail for Mac (macOS Catalina)

Is there a way to organize mailboxes in Mail for Mac (macOS Catalina) differently so that they are organized by account not function (i.e. so that the Inbox, Sent, Junk, Trash, and All Mail are grouped with the other mailboxes for a particular account)?

I have five email accounts and the way Mail by default is set up is chaotic and spread out all over the place. I have tried many times to adjust to this set up, even using the Favorites Bar, but I keep returning back to Gmail because of the greater control for organization and viewing. I would prefer to be using Mail, but it also has to be workable.

Thanks.

MacBook

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 4:41 PM

No, but you can just expand all of the individual "functional" mailboxes and select the accounts individually.

Or, you could create Smart Mailboxes that only include email from that Account.

If you are using Gmail, you should just use that from the web portal. It is neither IMAP nor POP, but tries to act like it is, somewhat poorly.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2019 4:41 PM in response to R. Ken

No, but you can just expand all of the individual "functional" mailboxes and select the accounts individually.

Or, you could create Smart Mailboxes that only include email from that Account.

If you are using Gmail, you should just use that from the web portal. It is neither IMAP nor POP, but tries to act like it is, somewhat poorly.

Organizing Mailboxes in Mail for Mac (macOS Catalina)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.